The Big Orange Roundtable Volume VIII
Posted by Thomas the Terrible on August 26, 2008
Sings “It’s the most wonderful time of the year…” I hate that song but right now is the most wonderful time of the year because college football is about to kickoff. How fitting it is to have the craziest Big Orange Roundtablers, Losers with Socks, to be the host this week.
Now call your kids and/or significant other to the computer and STFU because we’re going to the Roundtable.
1. In a perfect world, what time would your UCLA Kick-off start?
For me the perfect time would be 7:00 PM EST. In my perfect world that would give me the time to get my exercise in by throwing unopened jars of baby food at the homeless AKA Bammers, leave plenty of time to blog about how much UCLA sucks ass & watch Judge Judy.
2. Sometimes doing the right thing is tough. Sometimes we have to choose between bad and worse. I have known snipers that get bothered even though what they did was absolutely right. It seems being a coach would have some similar circumstances. Did you think that Coach Fulmer and staff ever lose any sleep over their choices?
I’m sure Coach Fulmer lost sleep over that embarrassing loss to Bama last year but not because of the choices he made but devising a way to enact full revenge for this years game.
I’m sure if we lose a game by three points the coaches will ponder about the choices they made during and before the game, but lose sleep completely….no.
3. Nick Saban is going to start 10 freshmen against Clemson. Why is he doing this and did he just buy another year of grace from the Red Elephant Club?
I’m going to allow Billy Bob Bammer to answer this question. After the 11 arrests unfortunate incidents this off-season, Lord Saban has no choice but to start the freshmen. I’m not sure that Saban will start 10 freshmen against Clemson. It is my belief that Saban is doing what he does best and that is lying through his teeth playing mind games.
If Lord Saban AKA the Behr Reincarnated doesn’t win against Tennessee, Auburn and gets Croomed again then I is sure the Red Elephant Club will be reluctant to give him a pass. Then again he is the most powerful man in football at least according to Forbes and A.I.L. magazine (Alabama Incest Love) so he might get a pass. I’m out of here I gots squirrels to hunt!
4. Critique Lou Holtz as a ESPN “analyst”. Irish and Cock Homer or scripted live rassler?
I personally love Lou Holtz…when he’s not within earshot of me. Holtz is the evil moke announcer of ESPN. Someone says something intelligent Holtz is compelled to disagree. I would say that some of his spoken drivel is scripted but the “Lou Lisp” makes it impossible to tell.
The final analysis is he’s a criminally insane Irish Homer who loves the Cock. Funny thing is neither present day fan base can stand him now.
Oh yeah he sucks at everything he does.
Be sure to stop by all the Big Orange Roundtable members’ blogs for their answers.
- Loser With Socks (Host Site)
- 3rd Saturday in Blogtober
- Fulmer’s Belly
- Gate 21
- Rocky Top Talk
- SouthEastern Sports Blog
- The View from the Hill
- Moondog Sports